2: 21 Interview Questions Copy

Here are questions to help you get below the surface with potential residents:

1. Share one of your first memories of being in church.  
  2. How would your friends describe you?  
  3. What are your long-term goals?  
  4. How do you stay organized?  
  5. Tell me about the first job you’ve ever had. What did you do to learn the ropes?
  6. What’s been most energizing to you about other jobs you’ve had?  
  7. Describe the culture of your last/home church. What did you enjoy about it?  What was challenging? 
  8. Share about a time you saw a need or problem and initiated a solution. 
  9. What are you currently doing to grow in your relationship with Jesus?  
  10. Tell me about a time you were under a lot of pressure. What was going on, and  how did you get through it? 
  11. Give me an example of a time you were able to be creative with your work. What  was exciting or difficult about it? 
  12. What changes do you see coming for churches in the next 2-4 years? How would  you plan to adapt to those changes? 
  13. Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that? 
  14. Tell me about a time you faced a problem you’ve never seen before. What did you  do?  
  15. What constructive criticism have you received in the past that surprised you the  most?  
  16. Tell me about a time when you worked under close supervision or extremely loose supervision. How did you handle that? 
  17. Tell me about a time you had to get people with different viewpoints on the same  page. 
  18. What have others said about your strengths and potential blind spots as a  leader? 
  19. Tell me about a time you let someone down. How did you deal with the situation?
  20. What do you know is true that most people disagree with you about? 
  21. What book do you think everyone on the team should read (OR what podcast do  you think everyone on the team should listen to)?