Unleashing the Next Generation
About this course
Are you ready to hand over the future of the church to young elders, deacons, and yes, even lead pastors? It’s critical that we believe God can work in and through the coming generations with hope and optimism rather than doom and gloom. This course will encourage and equip you to empower the next generation of spiritual leadership.
- Given the current ecclesial climate and landscape, this empowerment is needed and needed right now. Relevant recently stated in an article titled, “Where Are All of the Millennial Pastors?” that the average age of senior pastors in 1991 was forty-four, while as of 2016, the average age of pastors was fifty-four.
- It is critical that we all begin this journey of gifting leadership to emerging generations in a spirit of belief. We must believe in the emerging generations.
What you’ll Learn in this Course:
- See the importance of empowering the next generation
- Seek to better understand the younger generations
- Learn how to know, equip and release the next generation into their callings and into ministry leadership.
Earn a Certificate
You can earn a certificate for this course by completing all modules, topics, quizzes and assignments. You’re able to retake quizzes to complete mastery. If you meet these requirements, a course certificate will be automatically generated for you when you are finished.
Marv Nelson is happily married (for 15 years!) and has three wonderful children. He holds degrees from Nyack College and Crown College, and is currently working on a D.Min. at Alliance Theological Seminary. He’s Lead Pastor at Indiana Alliance Church in Indiana, PA, and teaches online courses at Crown College and Toccoa Falls College. He is the author of What Good is Jesus? (2016) and Unleash: Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders (2018).