Understanding the New Testament
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In this course, you’ll discover the history of the New Testament and learn how to understand and apply it to your life and ministry.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Crown 30: March 13 – May 3, 2023
PSEO Students: Contact Crown’s PSEO Team to register.
Kenmore Alliance Church: Spring 2023
What you’ll learn
- Demonstrate knowledge of the culture and historical background of the New Testament
- Acquire knowledge about the general content of the books of the New Testament including the general theological themes of each book.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and make valid personal application of selected New Testament texts.
- Evaluate the historical background and text of the New Testament with a view toward understanding Jesus’ mission, and the mission of the early church.
- Explain contextually the broad contours of Paul’s missionary activity and the significance of New Testament letters in the life of the early church.
GET A HEAD START
By completing this course with a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you are eligible to apply a Certificate of Completion for 3 academic credits in an undergraduate degree at Crown College. This course can also be applied as 3 professional development credits of the Crown 30 Certificate Program for learners pursuing licensing, ordination or consecration with the Christian & Missionary Alliance. View academic credit FAQs.
EARN THE UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE CERTIFICATE
This course is part of the Understanding the Bible Certificate, which includes 4 professional development courses. You can complete the entire certificate in less than a year. Each course is offered in a similar format on CMTI. Register today to reserve your spot for an upcoming course!
LICENSING, ORDINATION + CONSECRATION REQUIREMENTS THIS COURSE FULFILLS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO LEARN ON CMTI:
Personal Computer: You must have access to a computer with Windows 8/10 or Mac OS X to complete the course work. Linux OS based computers will function for most online content, but you may run into some restrictions when trying to view multimedia content.
Internet Service: High-speed internet service is recommended.
CMTI Learning Management System: This course will be administered online here at cmti.crown.edu. CMTI runs on a different platform than Canvas. If you have a Crown Canvas account, please note that this login and password are NOT linked, and changing the password on one does not change your password on the other.
Microsoft Office: Students must submit assignments in Microsoft Word or PDF format unless otherwise specified in order to be graded by Crown’s instructors.
- Bible. Any major translation.
- Burge, G. M., and Green, G. (2020). The New Testament in antiquity, 2nd Edition. Grand Rapids: Zondervan.