Multicultural Team Leadership
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Learn to build collective unity around a common vision while accounting for the diverse cultural aspects of the team members.
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE: Start this course anytime, and you’ll have 3 months to complete all coursework. A field-expert instructor will grade and share feedback on your work to guide your learning.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand their own personal cultural profile.
- Develop leadership skills necessary to direct and encourage multicultural team members.
- Apply multicultural team leadership principles to an actual work setting.
EARN THE MULTICULTURAL TEAMS CERTIFICATE
This course is one of three in the Multicultural Teams Certificate series. By completing this and the other two courses in this series with a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you are eligible to apply your Certificate of Completion for 3 academic credits toward a graduate degree at Crown College.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO LEARN ON CMTI:
Personal Computer: You must have access to a computer with Windows 8/10 or Mac OS X to complete the course work. Linux OS based computers will function for most online content, but you may run into some restrictions when trying to view multimedia content.
Internet Service: High-speed internet service is recommended.
CMTI Learning Management System: This course will be administered online here at cmti.crown.edu. CMTI runs on a different platform than Canvas. If you have a Crown Canvas account, please note that this login and password are NOT linked, and changing the password on one does not change your password on the other.
Microsoft Office: Students must submit assignments in Microsoft Word or PDF format unless otherwise specified in order to be graded by Crown’s instructors.
- Hibbert, E. & Hibbert, R. (2014). Leading Multicultural Teams. Pasadena, CA: William Carey. [ISBN: 978-0878085415] Parts of this book were used in the first course of this series.
- Meyer, E. (2014). The culture map: Decoding how people think, lead, and get things done across cultures. New York: Public Affairs. [ISBN: 978-1610392761]
Additional readings are provided in the course.
Kindle and paperback versions of the text are available through Amazon.