CMTI 0540 Foundations of Holistic Ministry
About this Course
Develop your understanding of the biblical and theological foundations of holistic ministry in this 4-module mini-course. You’ll examine major paradigms for understanding holistic ministry at both personal and society-wide levels, and put your learning into action with a final project you can apply directly to your ministry context.
Earn the Holistic Ministry Certificate
This course is Part 1 of 3 in the Holistic Ministry course series. By completing this and the other two courses in this series with a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you are eligible to apply your Certificate of Completion for 3 academic credits in a graduate degree at Crown College.
Starts October 20, 2021 | Part 1: Foundations of Holistic Ministry (this course)
Starts January 12, 2022 | Part 2: Holistic Ministry to the Poor
Starts March 9, 2022 | Part 3: The Practice of Holistic Ministry
You can register for ANY course in this series; they do not need to be taken consecutively.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Define holistic ministry.
- Examine Old Testament and New Testament paradigms for ministry.
- Examine various theologies of ministry, including a theology of holistic ministry.
- Explore models for holistic ministry at both the individual and societal levels.
- Apply holistic ministry principles to your specific ministry contexts.
Wade Copland pastors a C&MA church replant in Camp Hill, PA, desiring to bring holistic ministry principles to the local church. He earned a B.A. in Cross-Cultural Studies from Simpson University and an M.A. in Global Leadership from Crown College. Wade and his wife founded a ministry mobilizing Christians for intercultural ministry with Somali refugees and then served with World Challenge as Director of Development Programs, North America.
- Ronald, J. S., (1993). Good news and good works: A theology for the whole gospel.Grand Rapids, MI: BakerBooks. [ISBN: 978-0801058455]
Kindle and paperback versions of the text are available through Amazon.
Additional readings are provided in the course.