Evangelism + Missions
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Develop a biblical philosophy and approach to evangelism and missions to help you live a life that leads others toward Jesus. You’ll study the eternal destiny of believers and non-believers, a theology of biblical evangelism and missions, and principles for effectively fulfilling the Great Commission at home and abroad.
If you are pursuing service or ordination/consecration with the Christian and Missionary Alliance, several course assignments will be beneficial as you prepare to meet your district’s requirements.
Note: The successful completion of this course does not fulfill ALL the ordination/consecration requirements of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
January 16, 2023 – February 26, 2023
What you’ll learn
- Understand the importance of key issues in the theology of evangelism and missions.
- Integrate key biblical passages into a developing theology of evangelism and missions.
- Evaluate present methods and models of evangelism and missions in light of Scriptural teaching and the socio-cultural context.
- Synthesize course materials into a theology and philosophy of evangelism and missions that will provide a framework for a lifestyle of participating in, and leading others toward, completing the Great Commission domestically and internationally.
- Apply biblical principles of evangelism and missions to one’s personal life and ministry context.
DR. BRIAN SHORE
After working as a teacher (elementary, Middle and High School), Brian received a call to ministry when he was 28. He’s served as an activities director in a mega church, as a youth pastor and as a senior pastor. He is currently the South Regional Director for Church Advance with the Christian and Missionary Alliance. While his undergraduate degree was in Elementary Education from the University of Central Florida, he later received an MA in Counseling Psychology from Stetson University, an MDIV from the Alliance Theological Seminary and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of North Florida. He is currently a pastor, adjunct professor and mentor for Crown College accelerated degree students.
LICENSING, ORDINATION + CONSECRATION REQUIREMENTS THIS COURSE FULFILLS
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- Attending/completing an evangelism training seminar approved by the district superintendent and the LO&CC
- Attending/completing a course focused on Alliance missions objectives and methods approved by the district superintendent and the LO&CC
- Christ as Savior Position Paper
- Completing Christ’s Mission Position Paper
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership academic credits
GET A HEAD START
By successfully completing this course at a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you will be eligible to apply the three professional development credits toward a Crown College undergraduate degree program at no additional cost. View academic credit FAQs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO LEARN ON CMTI:
Personal Computer: You must have access to a computer with Windows 8/10 or Mac OS X to complete the course work. Linux OS based computers will function for most online content, but you may run into some restrictions when trying to view multimedia content.
Internet Service: High-speed internet service is recommended.
CMTI Learning Management System: This course will be administered online here at cmti.crown.edu. CMTI runs on a different platform than Canvas. If you have a Crown Canvas account, please note that this login and password are NOT linked, and changing the password on one does not change your password on the other.
Microsoft Office: Students must submit assignments in Microsoft Word or PDF format unless otherwise specified in order to be graded by Crown’s instructors.
- Chan, S. (2018). Evangelism in a Skeptical world: How to make the unbelievable new about Jesus more believable. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. [ISBN: 978-0-310-53467-9]
- Fay, W., & Shepherd, L. (1999). Share Jesus without fear. Nashville, TN: Broadman & Holman.
- Ott, C. (2019). Church on mission: A biblical vision of transformation for all people. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic. [ISBN: 978-1540960887]
Additional readings are provided in the course.