Evangelism and Missions
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Develop a biblical philosophy and approach to evangelism and missions to help you live a life that leads others toward Jesus. You’ll study the eternal destiny of believers and non-believers, a theology of biblical evangelism and missions, and principles for effectively fulfilling the Great Commission at home and abroad.
If you are pursuing service or ordination/consecration with the Christian and Missionary Alliance, several course assignments will be beneficial as you prepare to meet your district’s requirements.
Note: The successful completion of this course does not fulfill ALL the ordination/consecration requirements of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the importance of key issues in the theology of evangelism and missions.
- Integrate key biblical passages into a developing theology of evangelism and missions.
- Evaluate present methods and models of evangelism and missions in light of Scriptural teaching and the socio-cultural context.
- Synthesize course materials into a theology and philosophy of evangelism and missions that will provide a framework for a lifestyle of participating in, and leading others toward, completing the Great Commission domestically and internationally.
- Apply biblical principles of evangelism and missions to one’s personal life and ministry context.
Licensing, Ordination and Consecration Requirements this course fulfills
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- Attending/completing an evangelism training seminar approved by the district superintendent and the LO&CC
- Attending/completing a course focused on Alliance missions objectives and methods approved by the district superintendent and the LO&CC
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership academic credits
GET A HEAD START
By successfully completing this course at a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you will be eligible to apply the three professional development credits toward a Crown College undergraduate degree program at no additional cost.
- Chan, S. (2018). Evangelism in a Skeptical world: How to make the unbelievable new about Jesus more believable. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. [ISBN: 978-0-310-53467-9]
- Ott, C. (2019). Church on mission: A biblical vision of transformation for all people. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic. [ISBN: 978-1540960887]
- Keller, Tim (2020). How to Reach the West Again. Free download from Redeemer City to City.
Additional readings are provided in the course.