ABOUT THIS COURSE
Cultivate your personal and corporate formation in Christ with this deep dive into spiritual disciplines and biblically-based soul care. This course focuses on spiritual formation as it relates to personal and corporate identification with Christ. In addition to addressing Biblical principles and spiritual disciplines that govern the character and conduct of Christians, you’ll be introduced to modern classics in spiritual formation.
What you’ll learn
- Affirm a deep personal devotion to God.
- Establish a consistent, sustainable habit of daily personal interaction with God.
- Explore and experience characteristic patterns, spiritual disciplines or habits, and types of prayer of the different streams of Christian spirituality.
- Examine your personal characteristics and competencies in terms of preparedness for spiritual leadership.
- Design a personal plan for ongoing spiritual and leadership development.
Licensing, Ordination and Consecration Requirements this course fulfills
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- Read Tozer, A. W., The Pursuit of God
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership credits
- Bounds, E. M. ( n. d.) Power through prayer.
- Calhoun, A. (2015). Spiritual disciplines handbook. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books. [ISBN: 978-0830846054]
- Cron, I. M. (2016). The road back to you: An Enneagram journey to self-discovery. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books, an imprint of InterVarsity Press. [ISBN: 978-0830846191]
- Lifeway Spiritual Gift Test Available for free online
- Reimer, R. (2016). Soul Care: Seven transformational principles for a healthy soul. Franklin, TN: Carpenters Son Publishing. [ISBN: 978-1942587453]
- The Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator (Version 2.5): the world's most popular Enneagram-based test. It is a scientifically validated, forced-choice personality test with 144 paired statements ($12.00). The test takes about 40 minutes to complete and is available for purchase online here.
Kindle and paperback versions of the text are available through Amazon.
Additional readings are provided in the course.