ABOUT THIS COURSE
Cultivate your personal and corporate formation in Christ with this deep dive into spiritual disciplines, transformative engagement with Scripture, and biblically-based soul care. This course focuses on spiritual formation as it relates to personal and collective identification with Christ. In addition to addressing biblical principles and spiritual disciplines that govern the character and conduct of Christians, you’ll be introduced to modern classics in spiritual formation.
October 23 – December 17, 2023
What you’ll learn
- Affirm a deep personal devotion to God.
- Establish a consistent, sustainable habit of daily personal interaction with God.
- Explore and experience characteristic patterns, spiritual disciplines or habits, and types of prayer of the different streams of Christian spirituality.
- Examine your personal characteristics and competencies in terms of preparedness for spiritual leadership.
- Design a personal plan for ongoing spiritual and leadership development.
ALLIANCE ACCREDITATION REQUIREMENTS THIS COURSE FULFILLS
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria for licensing, ordination & consecration:
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership credits
GET A HEAD START
By completing this course with a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you are eligible to apply a Certificate of Completion for 3 academic credits in an undergraduate degree at Crown College. This course can also be applied as 3 professional development credits of the Crown 30 Certificate Program for learners pursuing licensing, ordination or consecration with the Christian & Missionary Alliance. View academic credit FAQs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO LEARN ON CMTI:
Personal Computer: You must have access to a computer with Windows 8/10 or Mac OS X to complete the course work. Linux OS based computers will function for most online content, but you may run into some restrictions when trying to view multimedia content.
Internet Service: High-speed internet service is recommended.
CMTI Learning Management System: This course will be administered online here at cmti.crown.edu. CMTI runs on a different platform than Canvas. If you have a Crown Canvas account, please note that this login and password are NOT linked, and changing the password on one does not change your password on the other.
Microsoft Office: Students must submit assignments in Microsoft Word or PDF format unless otherwise specified in order to be graded by Crown’s instructors.
- Calhoun, A. (2015). Spiritual disciplines handbook. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books. [ISBN: 978-0830846054]
- Cron, I. M. (2016). The road back to you: An Enneagram journey to self-discovery. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books, an imprint of InterVarsity Press. [ISBN: 978-0830846191]
- Lifeway Spiritual Gift Test Available for free online
- Reimer, R. (2016). Soul Care: Seven transformational principles for a healthy soul. Franklin, TN: Carpenters Son Publishing. [ISBN: 978-1942587453]
- The Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator (Version 2.5): the world's most popular Enneagram-based test. It is a scientifically validated, forced-choice personality test with 144 paired statements ($12.00). The test takes about 40 minutes to complete and is available for purchase online here.
- Bounds, E. M. (n.d.) Power through prayer.
- Tozer, A. W. (1948), The pursuit of God.
Kindle and paperback versions of the text are available through Amazon.
Additional readings are provided in the course.