Basic Theology II
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Study doctrines related to the atonement, Christology, the Holy Spirit, the Church and the Last Things (Eschatology). A variety of theological perspectives are considered, with special attention to these topics from the standpoint of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
July 4 – August 21, 2022
What you’ll learn
- Understand the essential language and schools of thought which are related to the doctrines being studied.
- Articulate and defend, from the Bible and scholarly research, doctrines of the Christian faith in relation to the person and work of Christ, salvation, the composition and work of the church, and the things to come.
- Objectively evaluate theological arguments in such a way as to be able to identify orthodoxy or potential heresy.
- Identify present day applications for the various doctrines learned, and be able to demonstrate how these doctrines should affect Christian faith and practice.
LICENSING, ORDINATION + CONSECRATION REQUIREMENTS THIS COURSE FULFILLS
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- Read Erickson, M., A Basic Guide to Eschatology
- Christ’s Body: The Church position paper
- Christ as Coming King position paper
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership course credits
GET A HEAD START
By completing this course with a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you are eligible to apply a Certificate of Completion for 3 academic credits in an undergraduate degree at Crown College. This course can also be applied as 3 professional development credits of the Crown 30 Certificate Program for learners pursuing licensing, ordination or consecration with the Christian & Missionary Alliance.
Jacqueline Coleman is a Missions Pastor at Palm Coast Bible Church in Palm Coast, FL. She is licensed and consecrated with the Christian & Missionary Alliance. Jacqueline earned a BS in Youth Ministry from Toccoa Falls College, and an MA in Biblical Studies from Alliance Theological Seminary, where she is pursuing an MDiv in Missions and Theology. She has been married to her high school sweetheart for 27 years, with whom she raised and homeschooled 5 children. She previously served as the Music Minister at Friendship Bible Church in Keystone Heights, FL for 12 years.