Leading Across Cultures
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Explore concepts of leadership in context of Scripture, with a focus on servant leadership and cultural intelligence. This course will help you develop as a servant leader who is aware and responsive to the cultural context in which you serve.
August 22 – October 9, 2022
What you’ll learn
- Create your own definition of servant leadership incorporating a biblical worldview.
- Evaluate leadership behaviors and practices of an effective global leader.
- Define key principles and practices of leading global teams.
- Develop a strategy for improving leadership effectiveness that includes personal goals and priorities.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical behavior from a Christian perspective.
- Apply and integrate servant leadership theory in culturally and historically diverse environments.
- Recognize and influence interconnections and diversity among global communities
LICENSING, ORDINATION + CONSECRATION REQUIREMENTS THIS COURSE FULFILLS
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership academic credits
GET A HEAD START
By completing this course with a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you are eligible to apply a Certificate of Completion for 3 academic credits in an undergraduate degree at Crown College. This course can also be applied as 3 professional development credits of the Crown 30 Certificate Program for learners pursuing licensing, ordination or consecration with the Christian & Missionary Alliance.
Laura is Crown College’s Professional Development Coordinator. Her calling is to collaborate with leaders to catalyze movements of the church. She has served as a youth pastor, leadership trainer, and ministry coach. Laura earned a B.A. in Communication Studies from Taylor University, an M.A. in Biblical and Theological Studies from Wheaton College, and is working on her Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership from Columbia International University.
- Kouzes, J. and Posner, B. (2017). The leadership challenge: How to make extraordinary things happen in organizations. (6th ed.) San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-1-119-27896-2]
- Livermore, D. (2015). Leading with cultural intelligence: The real secret to success. New York, NY: AMACOM. [ISBN: 978-0814449172] (Note: You will need to use the Kindle version of this textbook as the paperback is currently in reprint.)
- Sanders, J. (2017). Spiritual leadership: Principles of excellence for every believer. Moody Press. [ISBN: 978-0-8024-1670-4]
Additional readings are provided in the course.