Leading Across Cultures
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Explore concepts of leadership in context of Scripture, with a focus on servant leadership and cultural intelligence. This course will help you develop as a servant leader who is aware and responsive to the cultural context in which you serve.
May 15 – July 2, 2023
What you’ll learn
- Create your own definition of servant leadership incorporating a biblical worldview.
- Evaluate leadership behaviors and practices of an effective global leader.
- Define key principles and practices of leading global teams.
- Develop a strategy for improving leadership effectiveness that includes personal goals and priorities.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical behavior from a Christian perspective.
- Apply and integrate servant leadership theory in culturally and historically diverse environments.
- Recognize and influence interconnections and diversity among global communities
LICENSING, ORDINATION + CONSECRATION REQUIREMENTS THIS COURSE FULFILLS
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership academic credits
Thom works with CAMA Services, the Relief and Development arm of the Christian and Missionary Alliance and serve as the regional leader for Latin America, based out of Colombia in South America, where I live with my wife of 25 years and our twin daughters. I received my MA in Global Leadership with an emphasis in Community Development from Crown College in 2019.
GET A HEAD START
By completing this course with a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you are eligible to apply a Certificate of Completion for 3 academic credits in an undergraduate degree at Crown College. This course can also be applied as 3 professional development credits of the Crown 30 Certificate Program for learners pursuing licensing, ordination or consecration with the Christian & Missionary Alliance. View academic credit FAQs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO LEARN ON CMTI:
Personal Computer: You must have access to a computer with Windows 8/10 or Mac OS X to complete the course work. Linux OS based computers will function for most online content, but you may run into some restrictions when trying to view multimedia content.
Internet Service: High-speed internet service is recommended.
CMTI Learning Management System: This course will be administered online here at cmti.crown.edu. CMTI runs on a different platform than Canvas. If you have a Crown Canvas account, please note that this login and password are NOT linked, and changing the password on one does not change your password on the other.
Microsoft Office: Students must submit assignments in Microsoft Word or PDF format unless otherwise specified in order to be graded by Crown’s instructors.
- Kouzes, J. and Posner, B. (2017). The leadership challenge: How to make extraordinary things happen in organizations. (6th ed.) San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-1-119-27896-2]
- Livermore, D. (2015). Leading with cultural intelligence: The real secret to success. New York, NY: AMACOM. [ISBN: 978-0814449172] (Note: You will need to use the Kindle version of this textbook as the paperback is currently in reprint.)
- Sanders, J. O. (2017). Spiritual leadership: Principles of excellence for every believer. Moody Press. [ISBN: 978-0-8024-1670-4]
Additional readings are provided in the course.