CWN 3010 Biblical Leadership
About this Course
Explore concepts of leadership in context of Scripture, with a focus on servant leadership and cultural intelligence. This course will help you develop as a servant leader who is aware and responsive to the cultural context in which you serve.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Create your own definition of servant leadership incorporating a biblical worldview.
- Evaluate leadership behaviors and practices of an effective global leader.
- Define key principles and practices of leading global teams.
- Develop a strategy for improving leadership effectiveness that includes personal goals and priorities.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical behavior from a Christian perspective.
- Apply and integrate servant leadership theory in culturally and historically diverse environments.
- Recognize and influence interconnections and diversity among global communities
Licensing, Ordination and Consecration Requirements this course fulfills
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership academic credits
Get a Head Start
By completing this course with a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you are eligible to apply a Certificate of Completion for 3 academic credits in an undergraduate degree at Crown College. This course can also be applied as 3 professional development credits of the Crown 30 Certificate Program for learners pursuing licensing, ordination or consecration with the Christian & Missionary Alliance.
- Kouzes, J. and Posner, B. (2017). The leadership challenge: How to make extraordinary things happen in organizations. (6th ed.) San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-1-119-27896-2]
- Livermore, D. (2015). Leading with cultural intelligence: The real secret to success. New York, NY: AMACOM. [ISBN: 978-0814449172]
Kindle and paperback versions of the text are available through Amazon.
Additional readings are provided in the course.