Basic Theology I
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Survey the doctrines of revelation, inspiration of Scripture, God, creation, mankind and sin. A variety of theological perspectives are considered along with special attention to the standpoint of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
What you’ll learn:
- Identify the essential language, ideas, Scripture passages, and schools of thought related to the doctrines of God’s revelation, existence, nature, attributes and character, creation, humankind, and sin.
- Analyze and evaluate, from the Bible and scholarly research, the key elements in a published statement of faith.
- Research and evaluate theological arguments utilizing the basic skills of systematic theology.
- Identify present day applications for course doctrines, and be able to demonstrate how these doctrines should affect Christian faith and practice.
LICENSING, ORDINATION + CONSECRATION REQUIREMENTS THIS COURSE FULFILLS
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership credits
Earn the Understanding the Bible Certificate
FOUR COURSES TO DEEPEN YOUR BIBLICAL INSIGHT
GET A HEAD START
By successfully completing this course at a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you will be eligible to apply the three professional development credits toward a Crown College undergraduate degree program at no additional cost. This course can also be applied as 3 professional development credits of the Crown 30 Certificate Program for learners pursuing licensing, ordination or consecration with the Christian & Missionary Alliance. View academic credit FAQs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO LEARN ON CMTI:
Personal Computer: You must have access to a computer with Windows 8/10 or Mac OS X to complete the course work. Linux OS based computers will function for most online content, but you may run into some restrictions when trying to view multimedia content.
Internet Service: High-speed internet service is recommended.
CMTI Learning Management System: This course will be administered online here at cmti.crown.edu. CMTI runs on a different platform than Canvas. If you have a Crown Canvas account, please note that this login and password are NOT linked, and changing the password on one does not change your password on the other.
Microsoft Office: Students must submit assignments in Microsoft Word or PDF format unless otherwise specified in order to be graded by Crown’s instructors.