Basic Theology I
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Survey the doctrines of revelation, inspiration of Scripture, God, creation, mankind and sin. A variety of theological perspectives are considered along with special attention to the standpoint of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
May 16 – July 3, 2022
What you’ll learn:
- Identify the essential language, ideas, Scripture passages, and schools of thought related to the doctrines of God’s revelation, existence, nature, attributes and character, creation, humankind, and sin.
- Analyze and evaluate, from the Bible and scholarly research, the key elements in a published statement of faith.
- Research and evaluate theological arguments utilizing the basic skills of systematic theology.
- Identify present day applications for course doctrines, and be able to demonstrate how these doctrines should affect Christian faith and practice.
LICENSING, ORDINATION + CONSECRATION REQUIREMENTS THIS COURSE FULFILLS
By completing this course and its assignments fully, you will meet the following C&MA credentialing criteria:
- 3 of the 30 required Bible, theology & ministry leadership credits
Earn the Understanding the Bible Certificate
FOUR COURSES TO DEEPEN YOUR BIBLICAL INSIGHT
Get a Head Start
By successfully completing this course at a demonstrated 80% proficiency, you will be eligible to apply the three professional development credits toward a Crown College undergraduate degree program at no additional cost. Complete all 4 courses for up to 12 professional development credits.
Learn about the Understanding the Bible Certificate
Chad is Lead Pastor at Christ Community Church in Fort Myers, Florida. He is passionate about teaching God’s word, serving the community through the ministries of the local church, and leading people into a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. He and his wife Kari have two children. Chad has been serving in Pastoral ministry for twenty years, eighteen of those with the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Chad earned an M.A. in Christian Apologetics from Talbot Seminary and a bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies from Emmaus Bible College.